Sunday, December 21, 2008

Net Blackout In Egypt


Egypt went off-line yesterday "Saturday morning 20th Dec. 2008" due to breaks in the under water cables "near the shores of Italy" that carry the DSL Signals to Egypt from France. Not Egypt alone faced the problem, but also parts of the Middle East, and South Africa.

I kept on searching for my good old "US Robotics Fax Modem", remember that? but I couldn't find it so I had to wait until the connection came back later that night.

Being forced to be off-line for me is an experience that I haven't had before and I with that doesn't happen again.

What would you do if you suddenly were forced to stay off-line?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a drag. We are experiencing the same thing in South East Asia except that internet is not completely down since we have other lines through the pacific. Only communication with Europe is very slow.

amr.m.rezk said...

Hi John,
It feels great to be back on-line, Where exactly are you from in South East Asia?

Merry Cristmas & a happy new year :)

Youtube "SmokeNoMore" said...

Wow, I bet that was scary! I'd be @ a total stand still that is until my belly started grawling.